Active Python Releases
Looking for a specific release?
一幸运飞艇1到5名独胆计划Python releases by version number:
一幸运飞艇1到5名独胆计划All Python releases are . Historically, most, but not all, Python releases have also been GPL-compatible. The Licenses page details GPL-compatibility and Terms and Conditions.
一幸运飞艇1到5名独胆计划For most Unix systems, you must download and compile the source code. The same source code archive can also be used to build the Windows and Mac versions, and is the starting point for ports to all other platforms.
This site hosts the "traditional" implementation of Python (nicknamed CPython). A number of alternative implementations are available as well.
一幸运飞艇1到5名独胆计划Python was created in the early 1990s by Guido van Rossum at Stichting Mathematisch Centrum in the Netherlands as a successor of a language called ABC. Guido remains Python’s principal author, although it includes many contributions from others.
Information about specific ports, and developer info
OpenPGP Public Keys
Source and binary executables are signed by the release manager or binary builder using their OpenPGP key. Release files for currently supported releases are signed by the following:
- (key id: )
- (key id: )
- (key ids: , , and Apple Developer ID DJ3H93M7VJ)
- Larry Hastings (3.5.x source files and tags) (key id: 3A5C A953 F73C 700D)
- (key id: and A4135B38)
Release files for older releases which have now reached end-of-life may have been signed by one of the following:
- Anthony Baxter (key id: 0EDD C5F2 6A45 C816)
- Georg Brandl (key id: 0A5B 1018 3658 0288)
- Martin v. Löwis (key id: )
- Ronald Oussoren (key id: C9BE 28DE E6DF 025C)
- (key ids: , )
一幸运飞艇1到5名独胆计划You can import a person's public keys from a public keyserver network server you trust by running a command like:
gpg --recv-keys [key id]
or, in many cases, public keys can also be found at . On the version-specific download pages, you should see a link to both the downloadable file and a detached signature file. To verify the authenticity of the download, grab both files and then run this command:
gpg --verify Python-3.6.2.tgz.asc
Note that you must use the name of the signature file, and you should use the one that's appropriate to the download you're verifying.
- (These instructions are geared to and Unix command-line users.)
Other Useful Items
- Looking for 3rd party Python modules? The has many of them.
- You can the standard documentation online, or you can it in HTML, PostScript, PDF and other formats. See the main Documentation page.
- Information on tools for unpacking archive files provided on j2wx32.cn is available.
- Tip: even if you download a ready-made binary for your platform, it makes sense to also download the source. This lets you browse the standard library (the subdirectory Lib) and the standard collections of demos (Demo) and tools (Tools) that come with it. There's a lot you can learn from the source!
- There is also a that the Emacsing Pythoneer might find useful. This includes major modes for editing Python, C, C++, Java, etc., Python debugger interfaces and more. Most packages are compatible with Emacs and XEmacs.
Want to contribute?
Want to contribute? See the Python Developer's Guide一幸运飞艇1到5名独胆计划 to learn about how Python development is managed.